Justin Bieber: 'I'm Not in the Happiest Place' After Selena Gomez Split















01/28/2013 at 02:30 PM EST



Breaking up is hard to do – even for Justin Bieber.

After his on-again, off-again relationship with Selena Gomez, the 18-year-old pop sensation tells Billboard how he's been handling single life.

"There's so many rumors. People say I call Selena every day and she won't pick up the phone or I'm chasing her down, and these are all fake stories," he says.

He continues: "I don't go on blogs or anything like that. I hear things. People tell me if something happens on the Internet. It gets back to me, definitely."

But when asked if he's "pretty heartbroken," Bieber admits he's hasn't been having the easiest time following his split.

"I'm not in the happiest place that I've ever been. I'm trying to get through what I'm going through. Like I said, I have my really close friends to cheer me up and keep me going," he says.

Bieber – who says his song "Nothing Like Us" is about his breakup with Gomez, 20 – says he relies on his music for emotional release.

"I'm 18. I have a great team around me," he says. "I have great friends. We have a blast. They keep me occupied and keep my mind off negative things. It's funny when people are like 'You're 18. What have you really gone through?' I'm thinking, 'What do you mean? When you were 18, you don't think you went through that stuff?' When you are 18, you're going through that transition. You have a high school girlfriend, you might not. Going to college. Figuring yourself out, leaving home."

You're reading an article about
Justin Bieber: 'I'm Not in the Happiest Place' After Selena Gomez Split
This article
Justin Bieber: 'I'm Not in the Happiest Place' After Selena Gomez Split
can be opened in url
http://newsvivianite.blogspot.com/2013/01/justin-bieber-not-in-happiest-place.html
Justin Bieber: 'I'm Not in the Happiest Place' After Selena Gomez Split